As such I was inspired to pull out my hook and some super chunky wool yarn and start working on a pattern idea for a hooded cowl. It's very very beginner friendly, and I hope you'll give it a try.
*Thank you to Vandal for the lovely photographs, and to Rooster for playing model for me.
• 3 Skeins Super Bulky Yarn (200 yds) - I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in "Charcoal"
• Size N15 crochet hook (I used a Boye brand hook)
• Darning needle
- Using your size P-15 crochet hook, chain 45 stitches.
- Straighten out your chain stitches so there are no twists, and slip stitch into the first chain stitch to form a circle.
- Row 1 : Chain 3. Counts as first triple crochet. *Triple crochet into the next chain stitch, and into each stitch after.* Repeat ** until the end of the row. When you reach the end of row, slip stitch into the top of the chain 3 to join your stitches in a circle. Turn your work around.
- Rows 2 - 15 : Repeat Row 1. Remember to turn your work after each row.
- Bind off, cut a yarn tail, and weave-in the ends.